SO much fun to be had.
Last Sunday Claudia and Lydia came to visit for a few days. Lydia will be with us until end of summer debriefing, but Claudia was just passing through on her way to a pastor´s conference in Chulpa. I´m very excited to spend the rest of my time in Arequipa with Lydia. It is such a blessing for me to hear all the amazing stories of God working through their experiences this summer.
Last week was slow. Slower than ever. But this week is moving very rapidly. I think it´s because I´m realizing that I only have a few more weeks left in Peru. Last week I rejoiced in this fact and couldn´t wait to be home, but this week it saddens me. I knew my two months here would go by fast, but since I´ve gotten comfortable here, I can´t imagine going back to normal school life. It´s weird to think that I´ve only spent two months abroad, when so many people here have spent months and years longer.
As for our work in Arequipa. Our bible studies are continuing to have good attendance, and even more of a blessing our students are asking good topical questions. All of us are so busy that it is hard to meet and plan for bible study, but somehow it´s working out ok.
My 4:00 classes are really a pain, but I´m starting to get the hang of a regular class schedule. It´s actually a blessing to be able to keep so busy, although I may not believe that all the time. It makes it a lot easier not to think about other things that are happening, like friends´ difficulties and going home soon.
Please continue to pray for Greg´s family and friends, and Lydia, Claudia, Kristen, and the REAPSuth team as they deal with his death. Also, pray for our classes and students. When I think about all the opportunities I might have not taken advantage of talking with them, it disappoints me. Now, I´m struggling to make a full imprint in their minds with the truth that God has blessed me with. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. God bless.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i am excited your classes are going well. God is using you in more ways than you will ever know. i am praying for you and for your friends. i love you!!
Post a Comment