Saturday, July 19, 2008

Muchas Cosas

Well, well, well...I´m feeling quite chipper today. Despite the fact that I just found our Louis Vuitton (my most faithful and fun fish ever) passed away last MONTH. Elishia thought it best to tell me this in person, so she waited until I talked to her through Skype today. Well, at least I finally got to see her again. Technology is really an amazing accomplishment.

Anyway, I forgot to tell you about the earthquake. Never had I felt one before, but July 8th at 4:20am I felt it. I shot up out of bed and immediately heard Jessica in the next room. I stood at the foot of her bed and for the entire minute and half to two minutes that the earthquake was going on she was rambling on. It was really funny looking back on it, because she just kept talking nonstop. It´s a funny memory of my first tremor.

In addition to this new experience, I´m really enjoying our new roommate. Lydia is a huge help with bible studies and her strength in God is very encouraging.

Claudia and the Austins and two new visitors stopped by for a few days in Arequipa. They are coming back from the pastor´s conference. It´s been really fun hanging out with them too.

Jessica leaves tomorrow. She´s had an interesting week dealing with a Peruvian boy´s crush. The Saturday before last a student of mine came over after class for dinner and to teach us how to paint. It was a lot of fun, and I think we´re all very talented. Well, this is the boy that has a crush on Jessica, and since then she´s received flowers and a portrait of herself. With this in mind her departure comes at a good time. We´re gonna miss her though.

Other than that, Lydia and Stephen and I are preparing for our last week of bible studies, and I´m preparing my goodbye to all my new friends. We leave Arequipa a week from today. We´ll be in Chosica for a couple days with the end of summer de briefing and then off to Cusco. These last two weeks are really going to be busy. Please pray for everyone´s safe travel, and happy farewells.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Hey pinky!
I am sorry about your fish :-( I am glad you are chipper though. I wish I could see you. I feel like you will look different when you come back, which i realized is only 1.5 weeks:-) i know you are disappointed to be leaving but i am excited at the idea of having you back. I think you will look older and wiser and tanner maybe. Maybe I will look different too becuase I will be a real adult then. I hope I dont look different hehe let me know if I do. Anyways I miss you! and of course I pray for you all the time. I love you!!!

Brittany said...

O i forgot to meantion the earthquake. that is so cool. was it scary?