Saturday, July 26, 2008

New Places mean New Fun!

Well, I´ve said goodbye to almost all of my new friends, and we´ve checked off nearly all the things on our ¨Things to do before leaving AQP¨. Tomorrow morning I hope to watch the sunrise at the Mirador, and maybe revisit Parque Selva Alegre.

Tomorrow night, Sunday, we will travel to Ica on our way back to Lima for the end of the summer debriefing. We´ll spend some time in Ica on Monday, sandboarding and riding the dune buggies. Then we´ll travel to Pisco to go to Paracas to see the penguins and sea lions. Finally on Tuesday, we´ll travel to Lima to meet all the REAPSouth summer missionaries.

Last night was our despedido at Martin Luther King Jr Institute. I felt very loved as each student told my how much they would miss me and as I received presents. Then I felt like Mickey Mouse as we took a hundred pictures. I will miss teaching my students and getting to know them. I had a lot of fun even though many times I dreaded class. I hope I taught them well, and taught them useful English, as well as, about my faith. I will definitely continue to pray for each student.

Please pray for everyone´s safety in travel and their work in the many villages and towns.

No comments: