Thursday, June 19, 2008

Neglect

Sorry about neglecting you all.

I would say that I am now settled in. I´ve got the schedules memorized and and everyone´s names. We´ve had a Barnabas (encouragement) team come and go, and even a few unexpected visitors these past couple days. And tomorrow the Creative Ministry team will arrive bright and early tomorrow morning. If it sounds like we´re having a lot of fun, it´s true we are, but we are definitely working and seeing growth as well.
In addition to our 3 storying bible studies, and our many english classes, we are beginning our first VBS at Alianza Baptist Church. It will be four Saturdays, and we´re excited to be able to help the youth and the people of the church, through this endeavor.
We´ve also had our first women´s bible study today. The guy to girl ratio in all of our classes and bible studies average a lot of guys to one girl....if that. So, we though it would be a good idea to give the women a chance to speak freely and about more personal subjects. Today we had two ladies, and we all really enjoyed it. I´m excited to see how it will evolve, and to learn more about each of them, and their struggles.

Please pray for the many searching students in our classes, and opportunities for serious and indepth discussions about God. I´ve only been here two weeks, but I´ve already seen growth in several students. I pray that God will be our strength and nothing else.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Pinky thanks for keeping us informed:-) you sound really busy. Everyone misses you, I do especially. I am glad God is working through you and I am praying for your continual strength through Him and for your new friends. I love you!!